Monday, December 16, 2013

Reflection

"What do you know now about the design process that you didn't know before? How will you approach your design and collaborative work differently? What was the most interesting/helpful thing you did this semester? What advice do you have for students who take Community Practice in the future?" 

As I reflect upon this semester’s community pilot lab for gateway, I've found that I've learn how to collaborate design ideas when it comes to working with others. In doing so I believe that we as a team have built a great relationship with one another to reach a positive and agreeable end goal. What I did not know, or more or less get to do frequently as a design student is the opportunity to build and the steps needed in approaching this phase. As I continue through my education here at the BAC, I will see collaborative work as a way to further better my design work and have a better understanding how a client/community could affect my design.


My advice for upcoming students who will be taking community practice in the future is to “Communicate!” and lots of it. Whether it is to brainstorm ideas or asking general questions you will never know until you ask. Another advice would be to manage your time well with the work given to you. As a group, you should be able to contribute and collaborate equally. Don’t forget without communication there is no collaborating, its cooperating!

No comments:

Post a Comment