Monday, October 14, 2013

Role Playing

What is your role?
What challenges do you anticipate facing in this role, either personally, or as you work with the group?

Client:
As the Client, my role is to work with the designer and developers to create/design a common end goal. In working alongside these designers I hope to have my “design checklist” completes to my specifications. I am very interested in making our flagship building (The Boston Architectural College-320 Newbury street) a more usable, welcoming, and supportive for those who visit, teach, work, and of course, go to school there. As we go into a series of the design/build phases I imagine having the design completed as I have requested in a timely manner and on budget. My end goal is to be able to get more students and staff member visiting the third floor and viewing the Glassman award cases.

Challenges:
Some challenges I believe I will face being in this role is having a completed design required but staying within my budget. I personally believe I will have to face negotiating with the designers to not push specific ideas I want to achieve. Another challenge would be not completing on time as we only have the few many weeks to design, build, and present.


No comments:

Post a Comment